Hey Marysville/Snohomish Families,
Get ready to dust off those aprons and roll out the dough because National Pizza Day is just around the corner on February 9th! 🎉 Let's turn our kitchens into a pizzeria for a day of family fun, creativity, and of course, delicious homemade pizza.
Why Pizza? Because it's the Ultimate Family Feast!
National Pizza Day is the perfect excuse to gather the family for a pizza-making extravaganza. Not only is it a fantastic bonding activity, but it also allows everyone to customize their pizza to perfection.
Here's a Simple Pizza Dough Recipe to Get You Started:
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Pour the yeast mixture and olive oil into the well. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a cloth, and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
Now, the fun part begins!
Kid-Friendly Pizza Making: Let's Build Your Masterpiece!
- Rolling and Stretching: Get the kids involved by letting them roll and stretch the dough into their desired pizza shape. No need for perfection – it's all about the experience!
- Sauce and Toppings: Set up a topping station with tomato sauce, cheese, and an array of kid-friendly toppings like colorful bell peppers, mini pepperoni, or even smiley-faced olives. Let each family member create their unique masterpiece.
- Bake and Enjoy: Pop those personalized pizzas in the oven (preheated to 475°F) for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. As the tantalizing aroma fills the kitchen, you know something delicious is in the works.
Make it a Pizza Party!Turn National Pizza Day into a family tradition by creating a playlist of your favorite tunes, setting a festive table, and enjoying your culinary creations together.
Remember, it's not just about the pizza; it's about the memories you make along the way. Here's to celebrating National Pizza Day with a slice of family fun!
Happy Pizza Making!